The Jiffy Steamer Company is the world’s oldest and largest manufacturer of garment steamers and steamer equipment. Their products are sold in 45 countries and are very popular (every 3 minutes a new jiffy is put in to use). Over the past 70 years, the Jiffy Steamer Company has worked hard to deliver the best possible goods to the customer. All of their products are commercial grade and manufactured with only the best components. Customers enjoy ease and simplicity of use.
The Jiffy Steamer makes no compromise in the engineering and construction of its products and if you take a closer look at the company’s products you will find stainless steel, die-cast aluminum, machined brass, copper, incoloy and silicone braided color-coded wiring. This is a quality not found in other competitor’s products. After a 52-step assembly process, every unit is tested before leaving the Jiffy Steamer factory. As a testament to their loyalty and commitment to customers, the Jiffy Steamer company have recently decided to extend their one-year warranty to a three-year warranty, to give customer’s even more confidence and satisfaction in their products.
Key features of this product include:
- Clear, plastic ¾ litre water reservoir.
- 1300 watt solid brass heating element
- A high impact plastic outer housing (for durability)
- 90 minutes steam time per filling.
- 2 minute heat up time.
- 5.5 ft long hose.
- 6-inch stem head.
- On/Off switch (that heats up in 1 minute).
What is the J-2000 Garment Steamer commonly used on?
It is commonly used on clothing items such as jackets, shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, dresses, coats, and other things such as curtains, drapes, fabric furniture and linens for tables. It can be used at home or for light commercial use.
What are the item specifics of the J-2000 Garment Steamer?
- It’s dimensions are 17.5 x 11.5 x 16.3 “
- It’s assembled dimensions are 10 x 15 x 24”
- It weighs 16.8lbs
- Origin: It is made in the USA and can be shipped to other countries.
- Electrical certifications include UL, cUL, TUV/GS, CE, NOM and ANCE Listed.
Why use the J-2000 Garment Steamer? What advantage has it over other products?
- This jiffy steamer heats up quickly given its size (It heats up in 2-3 minutes).
- The wattage (1300) is slightly higher than most personal steamer models and makes a big difference in how quickly you can finish a garment.
- The steamer is built very sturdily using heavy-duty plastics.
- It comes with a wrench that is magnetically attached (underneath the steamer body), which secures all the parts together tightly.
- Unlike some other steamers, this jiffy steamer does not leak when you use it.
- Customers have found the on/off switch to be very effective.
- The delivery hose appears to be flexible and has “nice brass” according to a You Tube user (see link below).
- The steam is nice and steady.
- It is very easy to use.
The cons of the J-2000 Garment Steamer that customers have found:
- Some customers have found that the pole is quite short, and that you have to bend down to get to the bottom.
- The hose is also quite short. It stands at about 5ft.
- Some customers have found that the steam hose is a little short and would be better if it was longer.
- Some customers found the price to be quite expensive.
- Initially, it produces a lot of steam.
Overall, the J-2000 Jiffy Garment Steamer seems to be a useful and handy device to have in the home. It’s worthwhile buying as it delivers what it promises and it would save money on dry-cleaning. It provides fast, effective results and is easy to use. Therefore, we rate it 4/5 for effectiveness and value for money.