Esteam Cleaning Systems manufactures truckmounted garment cleaning equipment, portable hot water extractors, chemical cleaning solutions, including an environmentally friendly Green-Line, and a full line of complimentary accessories for the professional garment cleaning and restoration industries.
With a professional distribution network throughout North America and World Wide, combined with ongoing research and development to deliver continuous improvement for all Esteam product lines, they have been providing the garment cleaning equipment, solutions and accessories for over 3 decades.
Key features of this product include:
- It uses soft or hard water.
- 800 watts output power.
- It never clogs.
- A lengthy power cord.
- Easy to read instructions.
- Steams vertically as well as horizontally.
What is the ESTEAM Personal Hand Held Steamer commonly used on?
It is commonly used on clothing items such as jackets, shirts, blouses, pants, skirts, dresses and coats.
What are the item specifics of the ESTEAM Personal Hand Held Steamer?
- 600 watt heating element (120 volt for North America use only)
- High-impact plastic outer housing
- Sixty second heat-up time
- 15 Minute steam time per filling
- Shipping weight: 2lbs
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 6.3 x 11”
- Origin: Made in the USA
Why use the ESTEAM Personal Hand Held Steamer? What advantage has it over other products?
- It steams well
- It is compact.
- There is no spitting of water.
- There is no feeling of dampness left after using it.
- Equipped with 600 watts of power, this hand held steamer works well and there is no need to lug out the ironing board.
- There is an 8oz. Water tank.
- You can use tap water (no need to add salt).
- It delivers over 15 minutes of steaming per filling.
- There is an automatic safety shut-off feature for when it runs dry.
- The cord is 9 ft. Long.
- It has a one-year long warranty.
The cons of the ESTEAM Personal Hand Held Steamer that customers have found:
- It does not hold as much water as some of the other hand held steamers.
- There is no on/off switch (you just have to plug it in and plug it out).
- You have to wait for the appliance to cool down before adding more water.
- Many customers found it doesn’t work well on cotton.
- Customers find it hard to fill (filling it is accomplished by removing the hot steamer head).
- It is found to be unstable on solid surfaces so customers need to be careful.
- If it is not emptied after every use, it can become a breeding ground for bacteria.
Overall, this product seems to have both pros and cons and it is hard to decide upon whether it is worth the purchase or not, given the cons. However, we must keep in mind that this is a hand held steamer and not a professional grade steamer, so it carries more complications. For its price and given the fact that it is compact, we rate this steamer as 3/5.